Supervisor: Senior Pastor
The Youth Minister is to develop and implement a comprehensive ministry to youth (grades 7-12).
- Provide vision and overall direction for high school and middle school ministries.
- Lead and participate in FCA, as well as attending all school events to interact with youth.
- Develop strong small group ministry (Sunday School) for students with major focus on increasing enrollment, starting new groups and formulating a system for ministry within each group.
- Maintain full, purposeful and balanced activity calendar (events, trips, missions, etc.)
- Serve as primary teacher for weekly youth worship gatherings.
- Recruit, train, motivate and supervise leaders as needed.
- Shepherding youth group attendees, directly and indirectly.
- Work closely with Associate Pastor, Director of Children's Ministry and Worship Pastor to develop a strategic ministry for children, youth and parents.
- Actively share the gospel with youth and lead others to do the same.
- Work cooperatively and in partnership with church staff, committees and members of FBC.
- Assist Senior Pastor when needed. (Being able to fill pulpit, visitation, etc.)
In order to fulfill these responsibilities the Youth Minister must commit to:
- Properly maintain a personal walk with the Lord through Bible study, prayer and accountability.
- Spend appropriate time with family and to maintain high moral and ethical standards.
- Give to ministry of FBC through tithes and offerings.
- Minister within the theological framework of the Baptist Faith and Message (2000).
Salary and benefits will be determined by the Personnel Committee and budgeted for by the church based on the minister's education and experience in ministry. A church parsonage is also provided for our Youth Pastor. Vacation, sick and conference leave will be provided according to the personnel policy of the church.
- Must be currently serving full time in youth ministry at the present time.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check.
- Abide by the Baptist Faith and Message (2000) doctrinal beliefs.
CONTACT: Jimmie McChristial, Senior Pastor